1 lb. bag whole grain or gluten-free pasta shells, fusilli or elbows (quinoa, brown rice or organic corn)
2 Tbsp. Olive oil or raw coconut oil
1 Cup cooked butternut squash, cauliflower or 2 Cups fresh spinach
1 container Blue Isle Mediterranean Yogurt Spread
1 Cup nonfat milk or unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
2 Cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese or dairy-free alternative
Muffin tin with cupcake liners
Nonstick cooking spray
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and mist the inside of each liner with nonstick cooking spray
2) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, not mushy. Drain and toss cooked pasta with a tsp of oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Set aside.
3) In a food processor, pulse your choice of cooked vegetables along with yogurt spread or non-dairy cream cheese and milk. Add black pepper and sea salt and give one last pulse. Mixture should be creamy smooth. Add a little water if needed to get the right consistency.
4) In a large bowl, toss the noodles with the squash sauce until thoroughly mixed. Season with additional spices to taste. Add the shredded mozzarella or dairy free shredded cheese and toss.
5) Fill each cupcake liner with pasta mixture and mist top of each with a little nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12 minutes or until mixture holds together in liner.
From Chef Mareya on eatcleaner.com